The world's #1 provider of
online speech training
HOME » ENGLISH ACCENT »
English Accent Speech Training program
- Master Speaker: Standard English (UK & US)
Benefits to the learner:
This program will help you speak more clearly. While it teaches you this favoured speaking voice, it neutralises your existing accent. It works on promoting a clear voice, with good articulation and resonance. It helps to eliminate speech problems such as mumbling, stuttering or a lisp.
Features of this accent:
● The most preferred and respected accent in the English speaking world, in the UK, USA/Canada and in Australasia.
● Widely considered to be the clearest and most beautiful form of English speech.
● A pure delivery of English that is not linked to any specific region and does not identify the age or ethnicity of the speaker.
● The mode of English speech most taught to Second Language learners.
● Traditionally the accent used by BBC newsreaders and documentary narrators.
● The type of speech associated with educated speakers who have attended top schools and universities around the world.
● Regularly thought to sound 'most intelligent' and 'most educated' in surveys.
● According to research on speech, speakers with this mode of spoken English earn higher incomes compared to those with other accents.
● Throughout international call centres, studies show that Standard English has the lowest rate of errors and highest level of customer preference worldwide.
Suitable for learners:
● Native (first language) speakers of English wanting to acquire a clear and 'unaccented' form of English speech that is well regarded around the world.
● Second language speakers of English wanting to speak naturally in a preferred accent with minimum of intermediate English level (IELTS 4.5+ or TOEFL 475+).
● Ages 11+ to adult, or child with parent/teacher assistance.
Suitable for clear English speech worldwide.
We teach a modern, international form of RP (Standard English) as spoken by younger adults and suitable for speaking clear English around the world. We aim to model the most neutral form of pronunciation possible, avoiding traditional forms that may sound 'affected', particularly to regional speakers of English.
What results can I expect?
4 weeks to 3 months:
An appreciation of clear speech and the mode of communication in Standard English has been gained along with the motivation to improve. Initial improvement is seen in clearer pronunciation and better diction, although not always habitual at this point.
3 to 6 months:
A more neutral accent begins to become evident in normal speech. The students have more confidence in how to shape their sounds, pronounce words, and speak more clearly with appropriate delivery for Standard English. Many of the desired speech patterns are becoming habitual. Increased understanding of the culture and idiom intrinsic to spoken English develops.
6 months to 3+ years:
The accent normalises and habitual speech patterns of clarity and the flow of Standard English become a natural part of the student’s speech. The student is able to speak significantly more clearly with minimal hindrance of a strong accent or speech impairment. Strong improvements to confidence and knowledge of speech technique along with the culture and idiom of Standard English continue.
*Speech assessments require a plug-in microphone and cost $29.95 for subscribers ($59.95 for non-subscribers).
A minimum of a 6 month program is recommended to see results.
Weekly 10-15 min online TV show training you to speak Standard English, covering pronunciation, flow & clarity.
Most preferred accent in the English speaking world
Regular exercise sheets that you can view anytime or print out and practice daily.
Sound recordings you can download to your PC, iPod or CD for regular practice.
Speech assessments available anytime with a graded report & analysis from qualified voice coach.*
Certificate of Excellence for achieving a professional broadcast standard.
Access to all your current & previous lessons 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Watch on your mobile
(with Skyfire app)
Level: IELTS 4.5+ to native speaker (TOEFL 475+). Age: 11+ to adult or child with parent/teacher
No fixed contract: cancel or change program anytime.
GUARANTEED: Lesson 1 moneyback guarantee.
Certified Green Course:
All course materials online designed to produce higher performance than classroom
after your first lesson
if not satisfied for
a full refund
Best viewed in Internet Explorer 8+ at a minimum resolution of 1024x768 with broadband connection.
A Massey University ecentre business. Presenters hold certification from Trinity College London.
Voted one of best online businesses by Telecommunications Industry Group.
The ecentre logo is a trademark of the ecentre limited.
Copyright Adzet Ltd T/A SpeechSchool.TV. All rights reserved.